Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

May 7th, 2024 20:22

XPS 9570 - High CPU Temperature after Windows Update (Windows 11: 23H2 2024-04)

Hello,

after the latest Windows 11 update in April, the CPU of my XPS 15 9570 ran hot (measured up to 100 celcius with open-hardware monitor), the fan kept running on full throttle and a few times a day the computer suddenly shut down (overheating).

I first uninstalled the Windows update and the problem was gone again. I had initially blocked the new update, which is only possible for a maximum of 5 weeks. Then you're forced to update by Microsoft. Installation of other Microsoft software (current teams version) has now automatically reinstalled the update and it can no longer be uninstalled.

I have experimented a lot, found similar problem reports where Windows Defender was suspected. Deactivation didn't help. I carried out all possibly Dell-updates, also checked the BIOS and updated. (Latest BIOS version for my device which is approx. 5 years old, dates from 2022. It was already up to date). Now I have deactivated all dell services through the task manager. Among other things, the service:

- Dell SupportAssist Remediation

As of now, this seems to resolve the problem. Questions: Are there similar experiences? Are Dell's problem solutions to be expected for a 5 years old device? Can I leave all the Dell services deactivated without hesitation? Any downsides?

Thanks!

Andreas

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

May 8th, 2024 01:28

Many users preferred to perform a clean installation of Windows on their new systems, without any Dell Support Assist utilities and did not report any issues.

If prefer, you can permanently uninstall Dell utilities to improve system resources and improve performance.

No Events found!